none
Material Resource report progress in PWA RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have problem that I'm having difficulty to solve.

I intend to, through a project plan in Project Professional 2010, associate a material resource type to a task and associate a assingment owner to a resource work type. The goal is to report the user's progress through the material resource in PWA.

Thans
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:43 PM

All replies

• Ricardo, if I understand your question correctly, you have a work resource who's work can be measured by the number of units of material that are consumed on a task - 25% of the material used, the work resource has done 25% of their work.

At its simplest, you might be able to use Copy -> Paste Special to copy the value of % Work Complete from the material assignment to the work resource assignment. Then, whenever the actual work (units) for the material resource is updated in timephased period, the % Actual Complete for the work resource gets updated. The problem is that there is no timephased information about the progress of the work resource so you will find that the actual dates of the work assignment will be pretty much as it was originally scheduled.

Graham

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:09 PM