none
Files can no longer be opened directly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have 2 groups of power users and Owners who could open the files from sharepoint till yesrterday after noon.

The groups were deleted  from the sharepoint yersterday and readded again today morning.

Now when they try to open the files that previously could open right away

They can not open them directly any more and they get OPEN/SAVE/CAncel menue and then when they hit open they get Save/Cancel.

So with out saving the file they can not open the document.

Please note before this morning the could work fine but after deleting anda adding the groups in sharepoint they are having this issue and it is strange that they have the problem with some files not all of them.

We also added the permission back to the related Folders(Documents). So I am wondering if any else was breaked because of the delete that we need to add them again.

I ahve to also mentione I can open these document with the user that is in the Owne group but Not in the power user group..

We are using sharepoint 2010

Thanks,

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, July 8, 2011 6:50 AM Title revised - "regarding to" doesn't give the problem. 2. NEVER ask in Titles or Text for immediate replies. These are forums - wait your turn like everyone else.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, July 8, 2011 6:51 AM SP 2010 questions go ONLY to SP 2010 forums. (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:53 PM

Answers

• Our issue is fixed by inhertting from the parent

the steps are listed below:

Go to the resource center --> setting --> choose document liberary setting  --> Choose permissions for this dopcument library --> from action choose inherit parent

Becare full that you may need to delete couple of the users groups that exist in the parent but you may not need it.

Hope fully that helps.

• Marked as answer by Maryam_r Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:28 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:28 PM