none
SCSM 2016 Console crashing - adding a comment to SR

Question

• If users exceed the 4000 limit the add button is no longer greyed out and they can click on it. It then kicks them about of the console with this message:

Date: 16/04/2018 13:30:52
    Application: Service Manager
    Application Version: 7.5.7487.0
    Severity: Error
    Message: An error was encountered while running the Service Manager Console. The console will now close.

Has anyone come across this before?

Monday, April 16, 2018 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Sean,

are you facing this in a custom view?
    Have you checked for events under "OperationsManager" after the console crashes?
    Can you please try and restart the SDK service on your primary management server (clear the SDK cache).
    Does the issue persist?
    Do you see events logged?

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Monday, April 16, 2018 12:37 PM
  • It's not using a custom view. It was clicking on the Service Request Fulfillment folder within the console and selecting a template (happens on all the templates I've tried).

In Ops Manager I believe the information level logs are just saying I was disconnected. The event ids are either 26328 and/or 26329.

The SDK service has been restarted since the reported issue but the issue still persists.

Monday, April 16, 2018 2:10 PM
  • I seen something similar in the past and the issue was our support folks were running an earlier version of the console or were missing a CU - they did have to uninstall and reinstall in order for it to work properly.

Not sure if this is the case in your situation but figured it's worth a mention.

Friday, May 04, 2018 12:27 PM