Move DPM Server and Disk Data to New Server RRS feed

• Question

• What would be the best way to move my current DPM 2012 R2 to a completely new server with all new disks for storage. The data disk are not locally attached storage, but drives physically in the new server and old server. I read the article about moving the database but am not sure about the migration of the data. How do I get the data from the old server to the new server when not using an external drive array.

Thanks

Friday, November 21, 2014 2:48 PM

All replies

• What would be the best way to move my current DPM 2012 R2 to a completely new server with all new disks for storage. The data disk are not locally attached storage, but drives physically in the new server and old server. I read the article about moving the database but am not sure about the migration of the data. How do I get the data from the old server to the new server when not using an external drive array.

Thanks

Hi,

On your new server get DPM installed, make sure your disks with your replica's from the old server are in the new server, restore the DPM DB and then run dpmsync. Once DPM is operational you can move the data to the new disks. You can use a GUI tool by Michael Seidl to move the replicas to the new disks. Here is the link:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Migrate-DPM-Disk-or-dea8d4e9

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

• Proposed as answer by BuchatechMVP Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:50 AM
    • Edited by BuchatechMVP Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:52 AM
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 5:50 AM