none
Help needed to change user to Admin, and remove current admin Win 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need help with a situation that I created and don't know how to resolve.  I wanted to secure my settings and was told to create a separate user account and make that the Admin; that way no one would be able to make changes if they use my laptop.  Ok so I did that, but apparently the email account that I used is also attached to MY user profile.  As a result of this snafu I can not sign in on startup with the other current Admin address even though I use the correct password. So now I can not login as Administrator at all.

I can log into my Microsoft account, and I see both email addresses attached to one account.  I can log into the Admin account in a browser but it takes me to my original user account.  

Also when I go to settings/accounts it does not show my family as an option.  Can anyone help me please?

Hate_Machine

Friday, June 10, 2016 11:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems that you choose connect to the Microsoft account, not add another user account.

If you choose this, it will bind the local admin and your Microsoft account together:

Please add a use account by clicking the Option under Family & other users.

If you have no this option, try to add a local user in Computer management and then sign with another Microsoft account instead:

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:52 AM
    Owner

All replies

• hello;

in windows 10 there are two account types : local account and microsoft account

as i andetstand you replaced your microsoft account with the new one

you can choose how you log in: in accounts/your e-mai and accounts

to add a new account : accounts / family and other users / add someone else to this PC

• Edited by med_win Saturday, June 11, 2016 12:17 AM a
    Saturday, June 11, 2016 12:16 AM
  • Hi,

It seems that you choose connect to the Microsoft account, not add another user account.

If you choose this, it will bind the local admin and your Microsoft account together:

Please add a use account by clicking the Option under Family & other users.

If you have no this option, try to add a local user in Computer management and then sign with another Microsoft account instead:

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:52 AM
    Owner