none
Apple server IMAP Migration to Exchange Online for Office365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,Please I appreciate your answer,help,advice or links on this Issue.

We have an Apple Imap server and Exchange Online with the same Smtp domain example....Helpme.com on our DNS provider.Currently the Apple server is taking the slot with it MX record as the Primary server and secondary server Helpme.com with Priority set to 10 and 20.

The Exchange online domain Helpme.com has been verified in our DNS Provider for Office365 and all other services configured and users created with CSV with the same email address as the Apple server except that users on the Exchange on line cannot send or receive mails because the MX record for receiving mails is still set in our Host DNS provider for the Apple server as the Primary/secondary server with Priority 10/20.

My question now is how to Migrate users mail box in the Apple server to users in Exchange Online for Office 365? My plan was to change the MX records for the Primary and secondary server to Exchange Online for Office365 in our DNS provider and then migrate the mailboxes from the Apple server to Exchange online since MX records is for receiving emails but I am kinda concern that the Migration will not work once I change  the MX record in our DNS host provider to Exchange online or can mail boxes be Migrated from an Apple IMAP server without having its  MX record in the Host DNS provider Or is there a way to import the users mailbox in the Apple server once the Exchange Online office 365 users mailboxes are working, sending and receiving emails.

Your Help is absolutely appreciated ...Thank you so much

Sunday, February 26, 2017 1:06 PM

All replies

• The MX cutover would be done once you have completed the DATA migration. You would ideally be using the IMAP end point to migrate DATA after the mailboxes have been pre-staged in O365. Refer to the link below for complete set of steps.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-you-need-to-know-about-migrating-your-IMAP-mailboxes-to-Office-365-3fe19996-29bc-4879-aab9-5a622b2f1481

Regards,

Fazal

Sunday, February 26, 2017 6:11 PM