none
MS Project 2007- Equipment assigning to TASK RRS feed

• Question

• We have different equipment with different charge for mobilization, demobilization and Hiring. now i want to display mobilization, demobilization and Hire charges separately in resource Usage. Please advice. 

Project Duration :- 8 Months

Example :

1.Equipment-1

• Mobilization  Charge - 20 (Resource Type- Cost ) 
    • Hiring Charges- 50/month (Resource Type- ???)
    • Demobilization  -10 (Resource Type- Cost) 

2.Equipment-2

• Mobilization  Charge - 20 (Resource Type- Cost ) 
    • Hiring Charges- 100 /month (Resource Type- ???)
    • Demobilization  -20 (Resource Type- Cost) 

3.Equipment-3

• Mobilization  Charge - 40 (Resource Type- Cost) 
    • Hiring Charges- 250 /month (Resource Type- ???)
    • Demobilization  -30 (Resource Type- Cost) 

In Resource Usage

• Total Mobilization Charges - 20+20+40=80
    • Total Hiring Charges- 400+800+2000=3200
    • Total Demobilization Charges -10+20+30=60

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 1:52 PM

All replies

• Siva --

Here is what I would do in your case.  I would create three Expense Cost resources named Mobilization, Hiring, and Demobilization.  On each task to which you assign a piece of equipment, I would assign one or more of the Expense Cost resources.  In the Cost column for the Expense Cost resource (do this in the Task Usage or Resource Usage view), I would enter the Mobilization charge, the Hiring charges (you will need to do your own calculation for this and change it if the Duration increases for the task), or the Demobilization charge.

Then when you apply the Resource Usage view, you will be able to see the total Mobilization, Hiring, and Demobilization charges, as well as the tasks on which those charges accrue.  That is how I would handle it.  Perhaps the others in this group will have additional creative ideas for you as well.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:21 PM