App-V client on Windows 7 Professional (OEM) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed a App-V 5 server and published multiple App-V packages for testing purposes. I installed the App-V client on the a W2K12 server and on a Windows 7 Professional OEM computer. The App-V client is working on the W2K12 server, but not on the Windows 7 desktop. The App-V packages aren't visible. I can't find anything in the logs. I thought maybe it has something to do with Windows Professional or the OEM? I know I need a SA. But for now it's only for testing purposes.

Thanks! 

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• From a technical perspective, Win 7 Pro is fine.

The Win7Pro machine should be joined to the domain.

Also, there is a chance that there is an OS limitation (version, bitness) configured inside the packages.

Did you configure the Publishing Server on the client? Propperly?

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Monday, September 30, 2013 10:54 AM
  • Oke, thanks. 

The Windows 7 Machine is joined to the domein and all operation systems (32 bit and 64 bit included) are selected inside the package. 

The Publisher and the client are configured propperly.

Monday, September 30, 2013 11:13 AM
  • I think it's not working because the packages are sequenced on a W2K12 server, and the Windows 7 machine is x86. Do I need to sequence the applications on a x86 machine?
    • Marked as answer by Alelieveld Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:15 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Alelieveld Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:15 PM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 12:04 PM
  • Hello,

Yes, you need to.

Only packages created on a x86 can be deployed to x86. Packages created on x64 can not be deployed to x86 machines

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:40 AM