Webcams and Vista RC1 RRS feed

• Question

• I pluged in my usb webcam, and vista detected it and installed it, says the device is working perfectly, but I can not access it anywhere. In Windows XP you could go to my computer and it would show up there and run it with software that came with XP, but I can not find it in Vista. What do I have to do to use it? Thank you for your help.
    Friday, November 10, 2006 3:54 PM

All replies

• Aparently one has to wait for the Manuf. to get around to providing a Vista- driver.  This is what I read concerning Logitech webcams at least. If there is some other soloution, I would also be interested.
    Monday, November 20, 2006 3:33 PM
  •  FlyBye77 wrote:
    Aparently one has to wait for the Manuf. to get around to providing a Vista- driver. This is what I read concerning Logitech webcams at least. If there is some other soloution, I would also be interested.

At least logitech has now produced a set of Vista compatable software for a number of thier quickcams. I have installed it for a QuickCam STX in the 64bit Vista RC1 environment. Within the limitations of my hardware (waiting for a second 512MB Ram to arrive in the post-) it seem to work quite well.  This cam has a built-in microphone together with a echo-reduction system which works very well under XP. Unfortunatly the sound quality from the camera- mike is rather poor under Vista.
    I have not been able to find an address for feedback to logitech about this. (Can somebody help here?)
    Monday, January 1, 2007 8:11 AM