NtBackup RRS feed

• Question

• Still can not mount the pub & priv stores after rstoring both data bases using ntbackup do i need to run a defrag?
    Saturday, December 31, 2011 10:54 PM

All replies

• What's the best backup for the exchange db's
    Sunday, January 1, 2012 4:44 AM
    • Still can not mount the pub & priv stores after rstoring both data bases using ntbackup do i need to run a defrag?

NO. Defrag has nothing to do with the restores.

Jasjit Singh Dhindsa | ITIL v3 | IASA Foundation Certified | MCITP: EMA 2010/2007 | MCTS: MES 2010/2007, OCS 2007 | MCSA: M+S | MCSE: M+S
    Sunday, January 1, 2012 5:09 AM
  • I have described a topic to repair exchange databases using ESEUTIL here: http://blog.windowsadmin.info/?p=48

Try the steps and try to mount again

WSB is a good method if you are looking for a cheap solution. Otherwise got for some third party tools like TSM, CommV etc.

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info | www.blog.windowsadmin.info
    • Edited by ManU PhiliP Sunday, January 1, 2012 5:17 AM
    Sunday, January 1, 2012 5:16 AM
  • hi, would you please go to application  logs on the problem Exchange Server and post some of the erros "red ones" when you try to mount the DB.

best

ocd

Oz Casey, Dedeal MCITP (EMA), MCITP (EA), MCITP (SA) Visit smtp25.blogspot.com Visit Telnet25.wordpress.com   This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    Monday, January 2, 2012 1:01 AM
  • Hi,

If convenient, you can try below KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294462

Please provide the error issue problem persists.

Thanks.

Rowen

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 2, 2012 5:50 AM
  • Hello,

1. What version of exchange server?

2. The restoration was into an RSG?

3. What error is generated when you attempt to mount?

Eseutil /p is potentially the route to take but it's not a command to be used without first being sure it is required. Please can you answer the above?

Regards

Monday, January 2, 2012 11:36 AM