Version number missing in Control Panel/Programs and Features RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We deploy Office 365 ProPlus with the Office Deployment Tool 2016 and a configuration file.
    However, after deployment, the version number is missing in Control Panel>Programs and Features.

This is quite important for our statistics and reporting.

ODT version is: 16.0.6831.5775

Here is the XML file used:

<Configuration>
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Deferred">
           <Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail">
               <Language ID="en-us"/>
               <Language ID="nl-nl"/>
               <Language ID="fr-fr"/>
               <Language ID="de-de"/>
               <Language ID="it-it"/>
               <Language ID="pt-br"/>
               <Language ID="ru-ru"/>
               <Language ID="es-es"/>
               <ExcludeApp ID="Project"/>
               <ExcludeApp ID="Visio"/>
               <ExcludeApp ID="Groove"/>
           </Product>
       </Add>
       <Updates Enabled="TRUE" Channel="Deferred"/>
       <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE"/>
       <Logging Level="Standard" Path="C:\Temp\O365ProPlusInstall"/>
        <Property Name="FORCEAPPSHUTDOWN" Value="TRUE" />
    </Configuration>

See screenshot from Programs and Features:

The version in de Office apps is ok though:

Additional info:
    We deploy Office via SCCM but it's the same behaviour if I run the install manually.
    As far as I've noticed it happened on all new installs.
    Those who updated from Office 365 ProPlus 2013 to 2016 don't have any problems. Their version number is displayed correctly.

We have the same issue for First Release for Deferred Channel.
    We have 20 user who received the First Release for Deferred Channel and they have the same issue.

Any ideas why the version number is not displayed?
    Even though it doesn't seem important for many, it is very important for us as we use it for reporting and statistics.

Thank you

• Edited by AlTu85 Monday, June 13, 2016 9:33 AM typo
    Monday, June 13, 2016 9:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have tested this on my end with your configuration.xml file shared above. The version number shows well for me in the Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features list:

The only difference here is that I've downloaded and installed a 32-bit version of Office, but I don't think this will make any difference in this case.

I installed Office via the cloud directly (without downloading the source file to the local disk first), as you can see from the screenshot, the version number is the latest Deferred Channel version. However, in your screenshot, the version number is 16.0.6001.1078 which was released at May 10, 2016. Probably, try to download the latest source file, then try it again and see if issue persists.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:00 AM

All replies

• what if you do a repair via control panel?
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

I have tested this on my end with your configuration.xml file shared above. The version number shows well for me in the Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features list:

The only difference here is that I've downloaded and installed a 32-bit version of Office, but I don't think this will make any difference in this case.

I installed Office via the cloud directly (without downloading the source file to the local disk first), as you can see from the screenshot, the version number is the latest Deferred Channel version. However, in your screenshot, the version number is 16.0.6001.1078 which was released at May 10, 2016. Probably, try to download the latest source file, then try it again and see if issue persists.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 5:00 AM