none
Redirected Folders Group Policy Problem

Question

• On all servers (and only on servers), the Redirected Folders policy is not being applied properly, or at least the personal folders are not being updated on other servers. The registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders) still shows the original default value.

There is no problem on workstation/client computers -- those are all correctly showing the Redirected Folders. I looked in the Group Policy and don't see that servers are excluded from Folder Redirection. Also, when I log in to the server (physically sitting at the server using a connected keyboard, mouse, and screen), I see the notice about applying folder redirections when logging in. Nevertheless, the folders are not updated to the new Redirected Folder network destination.

In Group Policy, I don't want Offline Files enabled by default for folder redirections on servers, where I do on client computers. But other than that, the actual redirected paths should be the same.

Any ideas why Servers would not gain the Redirected Folders but clients work fine? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place in the Group Policies. Where should I check? I think this is mainly a Group Policy problem, but I suppose it's possible that there is something else going on.

Thanks for any help,
    Colin

Colin

Saturday, March 7, 2015 3:36 PM

All replies

• Did you check with gpresult to see if the policy is being applied vs filtered?

Are there are errors relating to fdeploy in the event logs etc ?

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Sunday, March 8, 2015 8:01 AM