Folder's file size incorrect RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

How about other folders displaying in Properties? I noticed that you copied this forder from a Windows XP partition. I suspect that this folder remembers the previous metadata in Windows XP and isn't updated yet. I would like to suggest you create a new folder and copy files out of this folder and paste in the new folder. Then right click the new folder to see the size it displays. Meanwhile, you can run dir command to show the exact size of this folder.

Best Regards.
    Dale Qiao 
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, September 28, 2009 2:07 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 9:54 AM

All replies

• No, that folder is on my hard drive copied over from a Windows XP partition. :(

Definitly not on network share.
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

How about other folders displaying in Properties? I noticed that you copied this forder from a Windows XP partition. I suspect that this folder remembers the previous metadata in Windows XP and isn't updated yet. I would like to suggest you create a new folder and copy files out of this folder and paste in the new folder. Then right click the new folder to see the size it displays. Meanwhile, you can run dir command to show the exact size of this folder.

Best Regards.
    Dale Qiao 
    • Marked as answer by Dale Qiao Monday, September 28, 2009 2:07 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 9:54 AM