none
saving and publishing project showing up on ribbon not in project center RRS feed

• Question

• What am I doing wrong?

I am saving a project to our server however it is showing up in the project web ribbon, but not under the project center...

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:02 PM

Answers

• To Delete the Project plan:

PWA --> Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects --> Select the Radio button "Projects" and "Delete Projects from Draft and Published database"

Select the check box to delete the respective project sites "Delete the associated Microsoft SharePoint Foundation sites?"

Chapter 3 Page 111 Database Administration

Project Server 2010 Administrator's Guide

I think you have not published the project plan, so it is not available in Project sites page. 

Open the plan in Project pro or in PWA (Edit mode) and click on "Publish".

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:16 AM

All replies

• OK found what I did wrong...I was apparently giving the project its own site on accident....but how do I now delete the project on the ribbon? (How do I delete the site I just made)

I went to server setting project sites, but that list the project center sites not the PWA (ribbon) sites.

Its one of those days, Thanks.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Hi,

Under Server Settings there is an option called Project Sites. That will show you all projects in Project Center and the associated workspace on the right. You can delete the associated site from there by selecting the row and choosing delete site.That function will delete the site, but also delete hte project association. The project will remain in Project Server's Project Central.

If you are not seeing a site there, then it's not associated. As such you can delete it by choosing Site Actions > View All Site Content, navigating to the site to be deleted, choosing Site Actions again on the sub site and choosing 'Delete this site'.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:47 PM
  • To Delete the Project plan:

PWA --> Server Settings --> Delete Enterprise Objects --> Select the Radio button "Projects" and "Delete Projects from Draft and Published database"

Select the check box to delete the respective project sites "Delete the associated Microsoft SharePoint Foundation sites?"

Chapter 3 Page 111 Database Administration

Project Server 2010 Administrator's Guide

I think you have not published the project plan, so it is not available in Project sites page. 

Open the plan in Project pro or in PWA (Edit mode) and click on "Publish".

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:16 AM
  • It worked! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelle

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:17 PM