limit each user with his own documents on the Doc Lib RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.
    I make a Document Library. and want to find a way that every user have a full control on his documents only and can see only his document.. not others documents.. is this possible .

Thanks

Faris Mlaeb
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:17 PM As far as I can see this has nothing to do with BDC (From:SharePoint - Business Data Catalog (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:48 PM

Answers

• What you asking is complex my friend - I don't know of anything simplier OOB unfortunately. :-)

As you also wanted to find out how you can manage permissions with folder structure - below are the high level summary:

1. On the doc library - from New > you would create new folders

2. From the Folder's drop down menu > choose Manage Permissions.

3. Now from the Permissions page > Actions Menu > Edit Permissions

4. Only keep the individual (who need access) there with contribute permission and may be the manager ....

5. Repeat the steps for each user

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Faris,

You can achieve this by creating Folders for each individual users and then permission that folder to that particular individual only.

Let us know if you need instructions on how to do this.

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:09 PM
  • Hi

How

but the problem that its a larg company with more than 100 user.. and it seem to be little hard or complex to do it like this

and even the manager how will have a full control on the Doc Lib will find it more complex to manage it as he need to access folder by folder !!

any other solution !!

thanks alot

Faris Mlaeb
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:59 AM
  • What you asking is complex my friend - I don't know of anything simplier OOB unfortunately. :-)

As you also wanted to find out how you can manage permissions with folder structure - below are the high level summary:

1. On the doc library - from New > you would create new folders

2. From the Folder's drop down menu > choose Manage Permissions.

3. Now from the Permissions page > Actions Menu > Edit Permissions

4. Only keep the individual (who need access) there with contribute permission and may be the manager ....

5. Repeat the steps for each user

Hope this helps!

BlueSky2010
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Wednesday, April 20, 2011 8:32 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:50 PM