Synchronization of Off Line Folders - Every User Syncs, not just the logged in user RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a Group Policy that redirects client machine My Documents and Desktop to a network file server running Windows Server 2008. The client machines run Windows XP SP3. The users have set the local machine to synchronize only on log-off.

However, when the user logs off, the synchronization involves all files from every user on the network. Fortunately, this is a small office with only 9 users, but still takes a lot of time and caches a large number of files on each local machine.

Anyone else have this issue or know where I should begin looking for a solution

Saturday, December 6, 2008 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hi, the Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista OS only. Please do not post Windows XP questions in this thread. Make sure to choose the appropriate Windows Vista forum before submitting an inquiry. For your information, you'd better submit the thread to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) or Group Policy . Thanks for your understanding!

Monday, December 8, 2008 10:54 AM
  • Actually, this is more of a Vista question since the server is running Windows Server 2008. Anyway, when I searched group policy folder redirection synchronization, this is the thread that was returned. I thought is was kind of goofy, but figured the MS knew was it was doing referring me to Vista Setup..

Monday, December 8, 2008 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi, the Windows Vista Setup forum is for general Windows Vista OS only. Please do not post Windows XP questions in this thread. Make sure to choose the appropriate Windows Vista forum before submitting an inquiry. For your information, you'd better submit the thread to Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) or Group Policy . Thanks for your understanding!

Monday, December 8, 2008 10:54 AM
  • Actually, this is more of a Vista question since the server is running Windows Server 2008. Anyway, when I searched group policy folder redirection synchronization, this is the thread that was returned. I thought is was kind of goofy, but figured the MS knew was it was doing referring me to Vista Setup..

Monday, December 8, 2008 2:33 PM