Problem with Hyperlinks within Word 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem placing certain absolute path hyperlinks into an MS Word document on our departmental network drives.  Some links work okay, but others that refer to a specific network drive are unstable. Basically when a document is saved the hyperlink changes to a relative path, instead of an absolute path and the link stops working.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Simon Murray.

Friday, October 15, 2010 10:45 AM

Answers

• are you using the \\servername\share in your link?  do not use mapped drives as not everyone will have the same mappings.
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:58 AM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 3:36 PM

All replies

• are you using the \\servername\share in your link?  do not use mapped drives as not everyone will have the same mappings.
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:58 AM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 3:36 PM
  •  

Hi Simon,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? 

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com   

Monday, October 18, 2010 2:48 AM
  •  

Hi,

As I have not heard from you for several days. I will go ahead and close this thread. If this issue is not resolved or you have any questions, please feel free to reply to us and this thread will be re-opened.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com   

Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

Apologies for not responding sooner but I've been on holiday.  The problem appears to happen whether we use \\servername\share or a mapped drive. 

Regards.

Simon.

Monday, November 1, 2010 1:54 PM