Can't uninstall/disable disk protection - Weird issue with auto login and idle time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i just installed Windows Steady State of few computers of an internet  cafe.

On one, I can't get auto login (control userpasswords2) to work when Disk Protection is on (no matter if it retain changes or not). I uncheck the box in Run>control userpasswords2 for auto login but when I reopen it, its checked again. Now when Disk Protection is off, the autologin works but whenever  I try to log off, it logs in again. I have to use Task manager to change account. So I just tried to uninstall it but it says that I have to disable Disk Protection but its already turned off. So what can I do to uninstall this or make auto login work?

Also, on another computer, even if I uncheck the box for auto log off after a certain amount of idle time, the session keeps loging off. What can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 4:23 PM

Answers

• Hi T. Live,

Please try this:  Disable Disk Protection. When you are login using your default administrator account, type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz in search or run box.  Uncheck the "user must enter password..." in the account you want the autologin to work (enter the password if it is password protected account).

Restart the system and see if the changes has been applied.

Turn on Disk Protection in SteadyState and then restart when prompted.

Friday, July 11, 2008 9:41 AM