Windows 10 2004 and Prior Explorer Bug: date column differs from file properties date RRS feed

• Question

• This may happen in many circumstances, but the most notable is when using adobe photoshop in particular to save files often results in the new file created to be mixed in with older files (the date under file properties claims to be new but it is mixed with month old files)... one has to search for the file manually or know it by name if the list is too large. The date under "date" column is different than shown under file properties. This has been a bit of a headache for productivity, and been going on for as long as I can remember... maybe 1-2 years.

To recreate, create a psd photoshop file, save the result as "jpg" and there it goes. If there is anything I can do to debug this further for you to narrow it down please let me know.

Please fix this. Thanks.

• Edited by tutudids Sunday, July 12, 2020 4:21 AM
    Sunday, July 12, 2020 3:47 AM

All replies

• Updated with photo
    Sunday, July 12, 2020 3:54 AM
  • the date column in the pictures folder is neither of the 3 dates of the file system properties,
    but is probably a date read from the EXIF part of the file.
    So when you took a picture with a camera, the date the picture was take is written from the camera into the file,
    at this point "date created" and "date taken" will be the same.
    When you now save the file under a different name / type: date created will be the date the file is created on the file system, but "date taken" is still the same.
    You can add the modified and create date columns to explorer.
    Sunday, July 12, 2020 12:40 PM
  • Just to check if the above replies could be of help, if yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best regards,

Sylvia

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 13, 2020 2:35 AM