none
Performance from Internet Explorer 32 vs 64 bits RRS feed

• Question

• hello
    you use Internet Explorer 32-bit, but I want to use 64 bits per performance, but as I see internet explorer 64 bit has problems with its components.

Who recommend me ..

• Edited by neonash Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:59 PM
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

IE10/11 have enhanced protected mode turned on by default for the internet and restricted sites zone.

32bit addons or plugins are not loaded in x64 windows/tabs, so the x64 tabs are faster to load and hence (because there are fewer mailicios x64 addons) safer.

Place a domain in your Trusted Sites list (where EPM is turned off by default) if you want to use a 32bit addon or plugin.

Rob^_^

Friday, December 20, 2013 1:26 AM
  • Hi,

As I known, with a 64-bit OS, for compatibility reason, the 32-bit IE is your Default browser, not the 64-bit. Most often a difference in performance is seen between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer is more due to the add-ons enabled on the 32-bit version. Most add-ons aren’t yet compatible with 64-bit Internet Explorer, so the list of enabled add-ons is much shorter.

If you are experiencing noticeably slower performance when using Internet Explorer 32-bit, try using Tools > Manage Add-ons to disable unnecessary add-ons. You can also temporarily disable all add-ons to see the performance difference between running with an add-on enabled and disabled.

For better support, we would like to confirm the detailed issue you found on IE 64.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

IE10/11 have enhanced protected mode turned on by default for the internet and restricted sites zone.

32bit addons or plugins are not loaded in x64 windows/tabs, so the x64 tabs are faster to load and hence (because there are fewer mailicios x64 addons) safer.

Place a domain in your Trusted Sites list (where EPM is turned off by default) if you want to use a 32bit addon or plugin.

Rob^_^

Friday, December 20, 2013 1:26 AM
  • Hi,

As I known, with a 64-bit OS, for compatibility reason, the 32-bit IE is your Default browser, not the 64-bit. Most often a difference in performance is seen between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer is more due to the add-ons enabled on the 32-bit version. Most add-ons aren’t yet compatible with 64-bit Internet Explorer, so the list of enabled add-ons is much shorter.

If you are experiencing noticeably slower performance when using Internet Explorer 32-bit, try using Tools > Manage Add-ons to disable unnecessary add-ons. You can also temporarily disable all add-ons to see the performance difference between running with an add-on enabled and disabled.

For better support, we would like to confirm the detailed issue you found on IE 64.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, December 21, 2013 12:32 PM
  • Ok
    understood perfectly
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:52 PM