Best Way to Repair Corrupt and Large Outlook 2010 PST File RRS feed

• Question

• One of my colleagues got an oversized Outlook data file from our client in his mail. Now, he is not able to open it in MS Outlook. We have already tried some solutions like opening Outlook in safe mode, disabled the add-ins, we have even tried the SCANPST tool, but all in vain! Is there any other solution to repair/fix Outlook PST file 2010? And also to split a large .pst file as well after retrieving its data.

Friday, September 8, 2017 12:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Bruce,

As you have already tried some solutions and they didn't work. Scanpst works only for minor corruptions in a file, after running this tool, still, you are not able to access .pst file it shows that the file is highly damaged. I came across an appropriate solution which suits your scenario perfectly and that is SysTools Outlook Recovery tool to repair corrupt PST file. And for your other query to split .pst file, the utility also provides an option to break Outlook PST into smaller files after recovering its data.

This will surely help you to resolve your query.

Thanks and Regards,

Kelvin Howard

• Proposed as answer by Jane MartyrBanned Saturday, September 9, 2017 4:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by BruceA10 Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:49 AM
    Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Bruce,

As you have already tried some solutions and they didn't work. Scanpst works only for minor corruptions in a file, after running this tool, still, you are not able to access .pst file it shows that the file is highly damaged. I came across an appropriate solution which suits your scenario perfectly and that is SysTools Outlook Recovery tool to repair corrupt PST file. And for your other query to split .pst file, the utility also provides an option to break Outlook PST into smaller files after recovering its data.

This will surely help you to resolve your query.

Thanks and Regards,

Kelvin Howard

• Proposed as answer by Jane MartyrBanned Saturday, September 9, 2017 4:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by BruceA10 Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:49 AM
    Saturday, September 9, 2017 8:11 AM
  • Hi,

How large is the PST file?

In some case, you may need to run the Scanpst.exe tool for several times until there is no error could be detected. If this doesn't help, you may have to find some third-party recover tool to see the result. Good luck!

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:47 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Thanks to all for taking interest in my query and for providing the solutions. I have tried SysTools Outlook Recovery tool and it really helped to resolve my issue easily.

Thanks & Regards,

Bruce

Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:48 AM
  • Use scanpst.exe (free inbuilt repair tool) to repair corrupted PST file. If you have problem with large sized PST file then, use archive method to divide PST file.
    Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:10 AM