none
executing an application on target system using winRM & WinRS RRS feed

• Question

• hi all

i have deployed WinRM on two PCs & it works.

but when i execute the following command to open an application on the remote system (in my LAN & in my subnet)

nothing happens & cursor continue blinking at cmd windows

C:\winRS -r:http://10.1.1.3:5985 -u:administrator -p:P@ssw0rd mspaint    ( or notepad or .....) 

is it possible to open an application on another system ?

thanks in advanced

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:58 PM

Answers

• If you are asking if you can start a GUI application using WinRM that, when started, appears on the remote computer's console, then I believe the answer is no. According to the about_Remote_Troubleshooting help topic:

Some native Windows programs, such as programs with a user interface, console applications that prompt for input, and console applications that use the Win32 console API, do not work correctly in the Windows PowerShell remote host.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:10 PM

All replies

• If you are asking if you can start a GUI application using WinRM that, when started, appears on the remote computer's console, then I believe the answer is no. According to the about_Remote_Troubleshooting help topic:

Some native Windows programs, such as programs with a user interface, console applications that prompt for input, and console applications that use the Win32 console API, do not work correctly in the Windows PowerShell remote host.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:10 PM

hi thanks. i will check it
    Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:01 PM