Sharepoint V3 and Exchange 2003 on same machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

one of our country offices installed SharePoint V3 and Exchange 2003 on the same physical server. I know this is not recommended by Microsoft but due to budget limitation we can't afford another physical server.

The issue is we can't operate both of them at the same time. I already tried changing the default port for the SharePoint webpage but it doesn’t work.

They had both services running before but they had to rebuild the server from scratch.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Monday, January 9, 2012 11:02 PM

All replies

• What issue are you having?
    Imagine what we could be...If we could just imagine. Daniel A. Galant
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:10 AM
  • Hi Daniel

the issue is we have to stop sharepoint to make exchange work or vice versa.

we can't get both working at the same time.

i believe its becuase both services are using the same port. We tried to change the default port for sharepoint but that didn't work

thanks

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:17 AM
  • I'm curious about the install as I've had both running on test systems. I don't have such a setup anymore to play with. Are you getting any errors? Are you running WSS or MOSS? The only service I can think of that they would share is SMTP and that wouldn't prevent SharePoint from running.
    Imagine what we could be...If we could just imagine. Daniel A. Galant
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:01 PM
  • Hi Daniel

I'm IT country Office.   when installed two of these OWA & Share point  there are not any error message. i also running in test Systems there is also the same problem.  i try to change Host Header value  it's also did not work.   the system running WSS V3  i have to stop One Service to use one service as mention above but if i change  OWA to port 81. it's working for both.

any suggestion please let me know

thanks

Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:26 AM