Live Meeting 2007 Client virtualized in App V 4.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Using AppV 4.5 , sequencing and operating in XP SP 3.  I have sequenced a package that includes:

• MS Office 2007 SP 2
    • MS Office Communicator 2007 R2
    • MS Office Live Meeting 2007 Client
    • MS Office Live Meeting Plugin

The applications interact with each other well (I can successfully Meet Now from within Outlook, presence flows between Outlook and Communicator etc.) but I run into a problem when I share my desktop or an application using the virtualized Live Meeting.

Client CPU usage cranks up to 98-100% and stays there, and PC performance grinds to a halt.  If I have Task Manager open, it reports that taskmgr.exe is taking up most of the CPU utilization, with the PWConsole.exe right behind it (each at 30-40%.)  Other users can see my shared desktop normally.

If I am able to get it to respond enough to close the desktop sharing session, performance returns to normal.  I can view other shared desktops/applications, and otherwise work in OLM with no trouble, but as soon as I share my desktop, or even just 1 application (including another virtualized app in the same bubble) performance grinds to a halt on my client PC.

This came up during testing, so it's on our internal network.  Sharing using a locally installed Live Meeting client does not exhibit this problem.  We've tried from multiple client machines and have the same problem from each (a couple of different laptops and a desktop PC.)  I have tried disabling hardware acceleration (per some OLM forum tips) and it made no impact on peformance. 

In the OSD's I have LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED, and even tried disabling that for the OLM OSD and it also had no impact on performance.

Are there some steps to sequencing Live Meeting I might be missing?  I've seen referencec to best practice that said to include all the above items in a single package, but I haven't found anything specific to OLM.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 8, 2010 7:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I vaguely remember reading a KB-article relating to either Communicator or Live meeting and virtualization. Unfortunatenly I can't remember what I searched for to locate it.

Have you determined what happens when using PROCMON and the problem occurs?

/Znack

Thursday, April 8, 2010 8:45 PM
  • I have tried the same as MROswick sequencing those office apps only with 4.6 on a Win 7 machine.

i get with Live meeting 2007 the following error

000002E4 elevation required.

While sequencing i could not start te app with the shortcut

i could start just starting the PWconsole.exe.

I found a RunAsInvoker envlist for in the OSD file this was not my solution.

I followed the office 2007 KB art while sequencing.

everting is working fine only not live meeting.

anyone know a solution?

gr

Ro

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:13 PM
  • Hello,

Since you have a different error - post a new thread.

As opposed to "working fine only not live meeting" it would be great with a lot more information.

/Znack
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 3:39 PM
  • Hello,

See this article regarding the high CPU usage;http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974251

/Znack

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, May 28, 2010 10:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:59 AM
    Friday, May 28, 2010 10:37 PM
  • Hi Mroswick, you can give to me more information about sequencing Live Meeting 2007 Client? I'm try, but received error "this application" no correct installed" and I can't select destination folder on disk Q when start process intalling.
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:45 AM