none
Error in pulling a new field from cube in already created table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have connected powerbi desktop to cube. I have already pulled one table. When I wanted another column also from cube for same table, I get an memory related error.

error- " DataSource.Error: AnalysisServices: Server: The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory available for the application. If using a 32-bit version of the product, consider upgrading to the 64-bit version or increasing the amount of memory available on the machine. "

My file is not that big- 2-3 MBs, I cleared cache memory also still I am getting this error.

Can you help?

Priya

• Changed type Prbudh Tuesday, December 8, 2015 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Priya,

This is an error from the Analysis Services server. Somehow, your query is requiring AS to load too much data into memory. You may be able to resolve this by filtering the data down before adding an additional dimension or measure. If you need to filter the dimension attribute that you're trying to add, then you may want to try collapsing the already added ones, adding the new one, filtering it, and then adding the other ones back.

Let me know if you need more information.

Tristan

Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:25 PM