contacts > update a contact does not update auto-fill and search doesnt work RRS feed

• Question

• only microsoft can induce this amount of tech rage, how do they do it?

I've been copying my google contacts to my local ones.  It stuffed up a couple of contacts so I edited them.  THe edits would not appear in the auto fill on emails. so I deleted them from the auto fill. Now I get nothing, and when I go into contacts searching for anything produces no results.  I'm looking at 470 of them, I can type a first name I'm looking at, and get no results.

I did rename my computer recently, could that have something to do with it?  I've also tried to rebuild the search index, but contacts are not listed (I assume they are part of "microsoft outlook").

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:26 AM

All replies

• I've been copying my google contacts to my local ones.  It stuffed up a couple of contacts so I edited them.  THe edits would not appear in the auto fill on emails. so I deleted them from the auto fill.

Editing a contact has absolutely nothing to do with the auto-complete cache which only gets populated with the recipients of emails you send/reply to. If you deleted the auto-complete cache then that would be the reason for no results.

Karl Timmermans [Outlook MVP] "Outlook Contact Import/Export/Data Mgmt" http://www.contactgenie.com

Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:28 PM
  • Hi getho,

Any updates on the thread? Karl has pointed the keywords for the issue: Autocomplete cache.

For the auto fill issue, it is related to the Auto-complete feature in Outlook. If you delete the item from the Auto fill, this item cache is removed from the Auto-complete list. You need to go to Address Book, add this contact to To field and send out the email. Then this item would be added to the Auto-complete list again.

>>when I go into contacts searching for anything produces no results.  I'm looking at 470 of them, I can type a first name I'm looking at, and get no results.

Do you mean you also encounter the contact searching issue? No results returned when you search the imported google contact in Outlook Contact folder? If that is the case, would you mind to provide a screenshot about the issue?

Please try to change the view and remove any view filter for Contact folder, then do contact searching to have a try.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:36 AM