OCS Proxy with MCM? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am planning to integrate our OCS 2007 R2 with Nortel CS1000. But I have found that we need to deploy another server which is called OCS Proxy with MCM. I was in believe that we can connect directly to Nortel CS1000. Is it really required to support all features or Nortel has some other way around for this issue.
    Monday, April 12, 2010 7:38 AM

Answers

• If you are installing OCS for "RCC" or for "Dual Forking with RCC" (Nortel Converged Office) then MCM is reuqired:

- MCM is installed on TOP of a separated server having the role OCS Application Proxy

- The OCS Application Poxy is installed manually and the process should be available with the Nortel NTP document.

If you are instgalling OCS for Direct SIP then the MCM component is not required. So you can connect directly Nortel PBX with your OCS Mediation Server.

Quang.

• Marked as answer by Manajee Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:47 AM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 10:05 AM

All replies

• If you are installing OCS for "RCC" or for "Dual Forking with RCC" (Nortel Converged Office) then MCM is reuqired:

- MCM is installed on TOP of a separated server having the role OCS Application Proxy

- The OCS Application Poxy is installed manually and the process should be available with the Nortel NTP document.

If you are instgalling OCS for Direct SIP then the MCM component is not required. So you can connect directly Nortel PBX with your OCS Mediation Server.

Quang.

• Marked as answer by Manajee Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:47 AM
    Monday, April 12, 2010 10:05 AM
  • hi quang,

wanted to know whether ocs proxy server should be just a workgroup server?

because previously we were using lcs proxy server and that use to be a workgroup server.

please do let me know as i am not finding answer to this any where.

regards,

guruprasad.

Monday, May 31, 2010 11:40 AM
  • Hi,

You can install MCM both onto a domain or a workgroup:

- Activate on domain: lcscmd /server /user: <user> /password:<password> /action: activate /role:proxy
    - Activate on workgroup: lcsCmd.exe /server /user: <user> /password:<password> /action: activate /role:workgroupProxy

Both insllations are working fine. If you are using TLS between the OCS Front End and the OCS Proxy/MCM, you have to install the OCS PRoxy/MCM onto a workgroup.

I think it is clearly written inside the Nortel NTP document.

Quang.

Monday, May 31, 2010 12:09 PM
  • Thank you, Quang. It is very clear now. We will be using TLS between frontend and proxy/mcm server, so it has to be a workgroup server. But i have already installed the ocs proxy and activated it on a domain member. What shall i do?

could you please help to set it right? any docs to follow, please help.

-guruprasad.

Monday, May 31, 2010 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

You can  try to de-activate the OCS Proxy with the command below and activate it again for the workgroup.

lcscmd /server /user: <user> /password:<password> /Action:Deactivate /Force

Monday, May 31, 2010 3:02 PM
  • Thank you, Quang. I will try this and let know in this thread.
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 11:19 AM