none
Not sufficient Privilege RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when I try to register the NAP server in AD it gives the following error to me
    I am logging as adatum\administrator account  

please help 

thanks 

Sunday, April 5, 2015 5:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is that NPS server in the same domain as the admin account you used?

In general, to log on to the NPS server, you need an account that has administrative credentials for the domain.

I recommend you to register the NPS server in the domain using the netsh command if the issue persists:

1. Log on to the NPS server by using an account that has administrative credentials for the domain.

2. Open Command Prompt, and type
    netsh ras add registeredserver (To register the NPS server in the default domain)
    netsh ras add registeredserver Domain NPSServer (To register the NPS server in another domain, where Domain  is the DNS name of the domain and NPSServer is the name of the NPS server computer.)

Or you can also register the NPS server in the domain using ADUC and you can follow the steps in the article below:

Register the NPS Server in Active Directory Domain Services

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 6, 2015 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is that NPS server in the same domain as the admin account you used?

In general, to log on to the NPS server, you need an account that has administrative credentials for the domain.

I recommend you to register the NPS server in the domain using the netsh command if the issue persists:

1. Log on to the NPS server by using an account that has administrative credentials for the domain.

2. Open Command Prompt, and type
    netsh ras add registeredserver (To register the NPS server in the default domain)
    netsh ras add registeredserver Domain NPSServer (To register the NPS server in another domain, where Domain  is the DNS name of the domain and NPSServer is the name of the NPS server computer.)

Or you can also register the NPS server in the domain using ADUC and you can follow the steps in the article below:

Register the NPS Server in Active Directory Domain Services

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 6, 2015 7:03 AM
  • hi 

thanks i solved the issue 

Regards

Monday, April 6, 2015 7:19 AM
  • Can you explain how you resolved your issue?
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 5:45 PM