Blue screen on Win 7 ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• hi i recently built my own computer and installed a clean copy of windows 7 ultimate N, 2 days later i started getting blue screen errors. Also my computer keeps failing at updating to Windows 7 SP1. Are these related and if so what should i do? Specs are below:

Intel core i5 3570k

8GB corsair vengence LP RAM

MSI B75a-g41 motherboard

EVGA 650 Ti BOOST SC graphics card

2TB WD HDD

550w PSU

Thanks in advance

Saturday, April 13, 2013 10:02 AM

Answers

• 1. You should install chipset, audio, video and network drivers just after vanilla plain installation. Important updates follows. (I do not recommend optional updates and drivers from MS update site.)

2. Whenever I an doing new installation, I check HDD and memory. This is a prerequisite for long term functionality.

3. Also it is important to make sure that all computer components are compatible with Windows 7.

4. If nothing helps, you should analyze minidump file (WinDbg from MS or BSOD viewer from Nirsoft would help you).

Regards

Milos

• Marked as answer by tracycai Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:15 AM
    Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:51 PM
  • A blue screen error could be any number of things. Event Viewer should have record of what specific errors you are getting. You should post what errors you are getting.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 8:39 PM

All replies

• 1. You should install chipset, audio, video and network drivers just after vanilla plain installation. Important updates follows. (I do not recommend optional updates and drivers from MS update site.)

2. Whenever I an doing new installation, I check HDD and memory. This is a prerequisite for long term functionality.

3. Also it is important to make sure that all computer components are compatible with Windows 7.

4. If nothing helps, you should analyze minidump file (WinDbg from MS or BSOD viewer from Nirsoft would help you).

Regards

Milos

Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:51 PM
  • A blue screen error could be any number of things. Event Viewer should have record of what specific errors you are getting. You should post what errors you are getting.
    Monday, April 15, 2013 8:39 PM