Windows 7 gadgets hang RRS feed

• Question

• When starting any gadget in W7 x64, it hangs.  I can see only the 'circle' showing it's trying to load.  After a few seconds, I can see the 'x' to close the gadget but not the gadget.  It's been working fine and I've done nothing to the system to change anything.  UAC is off, I've deleted the Sidebar folder in users, cleaned the registry and did a system restore. Nothing worked.  I've tried a few other things listed on these forums. I've got no idea what is causing this and would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Have you installed some third-party gadgets recently? This may be caused by incompatible gadgets.

I know you have tried many methods to solve this issue. In this situation, you could refer to the following link:

Fix Windows 7 Desktop Gadgets Crash

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue still persists, you could try to perform a clean boot to check how it works.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you could try to create a new account to check what the result is.

Create a user account

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum.

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:04 AM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 10:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Have you installed some third-party gadgets recently? This may be caused by incompatible gadgets.

I know you have tried many methods to solve this issue. In this situation, you could refer to the following link:

Fix Windows 7 Desktop Gadgets Crash

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue still persists, you could try to perform a clean boot to check how it works.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you could try to create a new account to check what the result is.

Create a user account

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 9, 2010 10:04 AM
    Monday, November 1, 2010 10:17 AM
  • Hi,

Have you solved the issue? If you need further helps, please feel free to let us know, we are happy to help you.

Thanks.

Alex Zhao

Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:21 AM