none
Deploying Custom Windows 8.1 Custom Image using MDT 2013 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Keith,

I saw some articles about account related issue. If an account (not the one doing the sysprep) login and setup all the apps, it will cause the sysprep issue even though the account has been deleted. So what I did was to use the only account to setup and sysprep to resolve the problem.

Thanks to leading to the problem.

Regards,

Eng Chai

Eng Chai

• Marked as answer by engchai Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:21 AM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:21 AM

All replies

• Well it appears that MDT successfully copied the OS *.wim file to the local machine, however the logs don't show any thing further. Something happened between the Post-Install Steps and the State Restore steps. Somewhere during the Windows OS setup. This can be anything.

Specifically, where did the OS installation Stop? Is there an error message? did you get to the Logon Prompt?

If you did not get as far as the login prompt, check the Panther Logs ( kb927521 ).

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:52 AM
  • Keith,

Thanks for your response. It seems after the OS Install, it bootup with no other actions. It is just the like the original image captured.  I have uploaded 2 files setuperr and setupact in the panther folder. BTW, I using another MDT setup and still has the same issue.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DDA65C590CD3C95E!3102&authkey=!ACWz4NB38Zh4xmE&ithint=folder%2c.log

Eng Chai

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:04 AM
  • Hi Team,

I have MDT 2013 upgraded from MDT 2012 and going to capture Windows 8.1 Ent. while ruuning capturing task it gives error :-

Litetouch deployment failed(Err);- 21447024894 0x80070002: Test for cloneTag  in Registry to verify sysprep completed-unable to open ragistry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Setup\CloneTag" for reading

Failure(6191): Test for cloneTag in registry to verify sysperp completed.-unable to open registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Setup\CloneTag" for reading Lite Touch Deployment failed, return code= -2147467259 0x80004005

Failed to run the action :Execute Sysprep.

Unknown Error(Error: 0000182f;Source:unknown)

The Execution of the last action: Execute Sysprep. Execution of task sequence failed.

Task Sequnce engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail

Please suggest...

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:07 PM
  • Eng Chai,

Sorry, it appears that the SetupErr.log and SetupAct.log file attached are from sysprep.exe *not* from the OS installation. I still don't understand what happened during or after OS Installation. Did it finish, or did it fail?

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:27 PM
  • Hi Keith,

I saw some articles about account related issue. If an account (not the one doing the sysprep) login and setup all the apps, it will cause the sysprep issue even though the account has been deleted. So what I did was to use the only account to setup and sysprep to resolve the problem.

Thanks to leading to the problem.

Regards,

Eng Chai

Eng Chai

• Marked as answer by engchai Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:21 AM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 9:21 AM