Flight Simulator 2004 does not work with Win10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been developing improvements since 1995, when the first Microsoft FS came out. Until last year I was running FS2002 with a Window7 home premium edition. Nothing wrong with the program and all of the add-ons installed. I purchase a new state of art Dell desktop tons of ram and 3D, but with win10. I cannot believe that the fs2004 wont even start ... even with patch. I tried my laptop with upgraded win 10, and exactly the same story. I am very disappointed that Microsoft launched the win10 platform, which to me more to sell stuff like the app applications, and did not think about their own software editions that have compatibility issue. I am about to have both computers set back to win7. Before I do so, I would like to opinios and maybe guidance in what shall be done.
    Thursday, March 3, 2016 10:42 PM

Answers

• Thanks buddy .. believe it or not ... I got it running and I installed Microsoft patch and after the noCD file available at flightsim websites. Important is to have the hardware settings accordingly .. use the same display setting as in your main window file ... if different, you will get a black screen ..
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 1:36 AM

All replies

• Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 is not compatible with Windows 10.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Thursday, March 3, 2016 11:01 PM
  • Hi Paul,

Though a little regretful, we can only say that Flight Simulator 2004 no longer works in Windows 10 system. After all, this game is released in 2003, there has been many versions’ Flight Simulator released after 2004. We can get some information from this link below.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2d48c3ed-4cb3-43d1-86d6-0ba93223ba30/flight-simulator-2004-no-longer-works-in-windows-10?forum=win10itproapps

Please understand it.

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 4, 2016 3:17 AM
  • Thanks buddy .. believe it or not ... I got it running and I installed Microsoft patch and after the noCD file available at flightsim websites. Important is to have the hardware settings accordingly .. use the same display setting as in your main window file ... if different, you will get a black screen ..
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 1:36 AM
  • Hi Paul,

Very well, we have no reason not to believe you.

Even if I have no condition to test, but I think other users can get help from the method your sharing, thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 1:45 AM