none
Create Management Agent wizard hangs on Connect to Database screen if SQL Server address formatted incorrectly RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

Just thought I'd share my solution to a problem in case someone else runs into it.  Using FIM 2010 R2 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1.  This is a lab setup with Service, Sync Service and Portal on one server; have not installed Password Reg/Reset.  I created a SQL Server MA without issues.  Now I'm trying to create a FIM Service MA using the Create wizard in the Synchronization Service Manager.  On the "Connect to Database" screen I fill in what I think are the right values, click Next, and... nothing happens.  For many minutes.  Event Viewer logs (Application Log and the FIM-specific logs) don't tell me anything. Back button does nothing.  Cancel button does nothing.  Sync Service Manager seems frozen.

Then I realize that,  in the Server field, between the server FQDN and the instance name (this is NOT using a named instance), I put the slash the wrong way (/ instead of \).  Killed the Sync Service Manager process, started fresh, put the proper slash - and I can proceed.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 6:37 PM