none
Query while Deploying SCR with CCR RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Need help we have Exchange 2007 - While Deploying the SCR with CCR , can we have deploy with only one NODE at the SCR target . Like we configure cluster at SCR Target but will deploy only one node.

Becoz i don;t see any option while deploying only node without installing the cluster ? Cluster needs to be installed First and then choose the passive mailbox role ? is that correct ? if not then how that act as a SCR target ? please correct me if i am wrong.  

Current Setup at the production Setup

2 CCR Cluster with four nodes in which 2 are active and another two are passive  so when i need to create a SCR then i need to install the two clusters at the Backup DC with one -one node like below , pls correct if that will work or do with have any another option..

Friday, May 8, 2015 5:21 AM

Answers

• Hi ,

setup /RecoverCMS  needs to be used during the DR activation.

As i said earlier scr target can be an standalone mailbox server or else standby passive cluster with two node or single node .

I would suggest you to go with standby passive cluster .Because such kind DR infrastructure will save our time during DR activation.

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Friday, May 8, 2015 7:34 AM
  • Hi ,

Yes standby cluster with one node is enough on the target end .

After DR activation you don't have the redundancy on DR end ,since the standby cluster is going to run with single node.

• Marked as answer by Jugalkumar Friday, May 8, 2015 1:11 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 9:06 AM

All replies

• Basically you can make the SCR target a single-node CCR cluster.  That allows you to do a DR restoration easier by using the Setup /RecoverCMS switch.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Friday, May 8, 2015 6:20 AM
  • Hi ,

We can have standby passive cluster in the target with single node.As you said first of all fail over cluster needs to be installed and configured on the node which is going to be in the scr target and then install the passive cluster mailbox server role on that node.

Reference is given Below : 

Friday, May 8, 2015 6:21 AM
  • Thanks Ed 

@ S.Nithyanandham, so as per mentioned both way it should work correct ? the only thing for Standalone mailbox at SCR target the only LCR should not be enabled Correct ? and do we need to use /RecoverServer during recovery 

And when if we are installing Cluster at SCR traget then only Passive MBX role should be installed on a single node and during that time do we need to use /RecoverCMS. 

Pls correct if any gap in my understanding. and the way i posted in image it should work ?

Thanks again

Friday, May 8, 2015 7:05 AM
  • Hi ,

setup /RecoverCMS  needs to be used during the DR activation.

As i said earlier scr target can be an standalone mailbox server or else standby passive cluster with two node or single node .

I would suggest you to go with standby passive cluster .Because such kind DR infrastructure will save our time during DR activation.

Friday, May 8, 2015 7:34 AM
  • Yes will go with standy passive cluster at SCR target  BUT only with ONE single node. so i hope that will work in that case. Correct ?

Actually Management does not want two node at the SCR site but they have CCR at the primary site  like as i mentioned above.

Friday, May 8, 2015 8:55 AM
  • Hi ,

Yes standby cluster with one node is enough on the target end .

After DR activation you don't have the redundancy on DR end ,since the standby cluster is going to run with single node.

• Marked as answer by Jugalkumar Friday, May 8, 2015 1:11 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2015 9:06 AM
  • Thanks S.Nithyanandham
    Friday, May 8, 2015 1:10 PM