Is there a way to add a drop down menu to a sharepoint webpage? RRS feed

• Question

• Good day guys,

Ive created 2  pages with several attributes of which i need to add a couple more things to them

1)1st page has a client info. which i want to add a button to it, something like a link button but one that points me to a folder. Like when a click this button it takes me inside the folder that i have assigned to it .

2)i need to add a custom drop down menu where i manipulate the info inside the drop down menu.

Is any of the above plausible with out referring back to programming?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:14 PM

Answers

• There are fees to create buttons on Sharepoint, so you cannot bypass rules. The question you presented was if you could bypass programming. My answer is NO YOU CANNOT BYPASS PROGRAMMING. If you would like to created drop down menus then you either have to purchase the buttons to do so or you have to develop the code which will create a drop down menu.

Christine Sindelar

• Proposed as answer by Christine Sindelar Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Winterlands Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:40 PM

All replies

• No programming is necessary to deliver Live Content; therefore, you have to code it for any server to read it.

Christine Sindelar

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:19 PM
  • could you please elaborate more?
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:30 PM
  • There are fees to create buttons on Sharepoint, so you cannot bypass rules. The question you presented was if you could bypass programming. My answer is NO YOU CANNOT BYPASS PROGRAMMING. If you would like to created drop down menus then you either have to purchase the buttons to do so or you have to develop the code which will create a drop down menu.

Christine Sindelar

• Proposed as answer by Christine Sindelar Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Winterlands Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:48 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:40 PM
  • Thanks
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:49 AM