defrag monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• command line tool Defrag.exe to generate detailed reports in vesta. Why cant i see the defrag as its happening.
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 3:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may run the command "To Perform an Analysis Only and Not Defragment -"

defrag.exe c: -a

for an analysis on the C: drive but not defragment.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You may run the command "To Perform an Analysis Only and Not Defragment -"

defrag.exe c: -a

for an analysis on the C: drive but not defragment.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:20 AM
  • You might be interested in a more robust third-party solution, such as Perfectdisk 12.  There is a free trial version available for evaluation.
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 4:58 PM
  • My Vista defrag has been going for 48 hours. I signed in as administrator first then tried your suggestion, but it says now. "A defragmentation or volme shrink operation is already in progress. only one of these operations can run at a time. Wait until the current rocess finishes and then try again."

Which did help, because i can't see if the defrag is actually happening. So I guess its still going on.  But do you have any clues as to why the length of time? or some other way to monitor it?

Friday, November 27, 2015 3:13 PM