How to make the cursor open the Message tab when I open a message RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy. I use Win 10 and Outlook 2016.

When I open a message I would like the top reading pane to display with the Message tab open. This makes it easier to delete the message or forward it etc. Now I can click on it to open it but previously the Message tab was always open when I opened a message

When I open a message now I can see the top reading pane showing  File, Message, Help, Tell me what you want to do. Previously and on my spare pc, when I opened an email the Message tab would be open.

My PC used to do this until a few weeks ago and my spare pc does it. I have tried to see what the difference in settings is between both pcs to no avail. It is quite difficult to Google this.

Does anyone have a suggestion please?

Thanks in advance

• Moved by Steve Fan Friday, January 5, 2018 1:52 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Thursday, January 4, 2018 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, Outlook doesn't provide an option to display Message tab when viewing an message in Reading Pane? Could you capture a screenshot from your spare PC so that we can further look into it? If you cannot upload images in this forum currently, you can send the screenshot to us via GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com. (Please include the URL of current thread in the message so that we can easily identify your question.)

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:13 AM
    Friday, January 5, 2018 6:42 AM
  • Hello,

Any update on this thread?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 8, 2018 9:38 AM