SCSM 2016 and to make the description field in Incident to grow with its content RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

The Description filed should grow automatically if I type in Incident with its content. I create an new Mp in the Authoring Tool and Localize the Form Browser and find the form named System.WorkItem.Incident.ConsoleForm and right click it and choose View and press the Customize button. I have changed basicly the Height property for the description field to Auto.

Save MP and imported it. But if I go to SSP and create a Incident the Discription filed does not grow. It should grow if I press return. like the following PIC

Is the reason the MP? Because I don`t have sealed it? What is with my existing Incident Template on the SSP?

BR,

Keywan

Friday, December 16, 2016 3:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Unfortunately as you have discovered modifying the Incident form does not make any difference in the Self Service Portal.

To change this you can configure the prompts in the request offering. This blog by Joe Burrows at Cireson explains it very well Portal Tip - Increase the Height/Size of a Request Offering Text Prompt > 1 row

Basically:

• 1-199 => 1 row
    • 200-499 => 3 rows
    • 500-999 => 5 rows
    • 1000+ => 7 rows

And this is another good post from Ryan Ephgrave Service Manager HTML5 Portal: Larger Description Text Box that covers editing the HTML for the portal.

I am not sure that you will be able to make it auto expanding, but you should be able to increase the size of the box using one of the links above.

Regards

Glen

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Friday, December 16, 2016 8:18 PM
  • Saturday, December 17, 2016 1:25 PM
  • Hi Glen,

I know the first link you provided me. But it does not work what I want. I want to have so if the customer write a discription the field should be grow autmatically it the customer press on the return like the following link.

https://www.packtpub.com/mapt/book/Virtualization-and-Cloud/9781849686945/6/ch06lvl1sec67/Making%20the%20description%20field%20in%20the%20Incident%20form%20to%20auto%20grow

BR,

Keywan

Sunday, December 18, 2016 12:48 PM
  • Hi

The portal is more limited in what it can do when compared to the console. In the console you can get the description field to auto grow and you have done the correct steps for that.

In the portal you can only pre-set the height based on the first link or try editing the HTML directly using Ryan's post that Firat and I both posted.

Regards

Glen

Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:02 PM
  • Hi Glen,

Here is the Solution:

I added these two string to my "MakeForm.cshhtml"

string labelText = @item["Prompt"].ToString();
    <label for="@item["Prompt"].ToString()"data

required="@item["Optional"].ToString()">@labelText</label>
                            if(string.Equals(labelText, "description", StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase))
                            {
                              <textarea type="@item["Type"].ToString()" name="@item["PathSend"].ToString()" id="@item["Prompt"].ToString()" @item["Optional"].ToString() value='@Request[item["PathSend"].ToString()]' data-toggle="tooltip" title="@regexToolTip">
                              </textarea>
                            }
                            else
                            {
                              <input type="@item["Type"].ToString()" name="@item["PathSend"].ToString()" id="@item["Prompt"].ToString()" @item["Optional"].ToString() value='@Request[item["PathSend"].ToString()]' data-toggle="tooltip" title="@regexToolTip" />
                            }
                            <div class="error-text">@ErrorResults.Find(m => m.MemberNames.ElementAt(0).Equals(item["PathSend"].ToString()))</div>

BR,

Keywan

• Edited by mpng2008 Monday, December 19, 2016 2:21 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 2:21 PM
  • Hi

That's great you got the result you wanted. And thanks for posting the code changes you made.

Cheers

Glen

• Marked as answer by mpng2008 Monday, December 19, 2016 8:33 PM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 7:38 PM