System_Service_Exception bsod in 07 RRS feed

• Question

• Keep getting Sytem_Service_Exception bsod. I have reached the limits of my limited knowledge of programs and i dont know what to do anymore. I ma using windows 07 x64 and it was at first bsoding due to Memory_Management.

I reinstalled windows and it bsoded during installation until i formatted the hardrive. its seems to be at random although it has happened twice went opening up and closing AVG free 2011.

I would include the memory dump of the bsods but i am afraid i dont know how to.

The computor is newly built, and in the first version of windows driver verifier showed that my graphics card driver, ATI radeon 5770 was faulty. i have not used verifier in the reinstalled verion although i have used memtest multiple times and no problems have been detetcted.

Afetr removing the faulty driver in the uninstalled version, it made no difference except to remove the IRQL_not_less_or_equal, but it did not help with Memory_management Bsod.

The power supply supplied a very small SATA power supply so i had to buy a molex extender. Due to this, during the first installationi think it may not have installed properly because the power supply was not correctly fitted to the hadrive. Since the reisallation i have no Memory_management Bsod.

Recently i scaned with sfc/scannow to find no problems. In safe mode after a bsod i used avg to scan for viruses. During which it bsoded with APX_index_Mismatch.

I hope that all made sense, thank you in advance. 

Saturday, January 15, 2011 2:01 PM

Answers

• You may boot in Clean Boot Mode.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode you can try to check the driver signature. To do so, in Start Search box enter sigverif.exe. Then click the start button in “File Signature Verification”. In the result list, please pick up *.sys files, rename one of them and then shut down or restart to check if the issue still occurs. If the issue persists, rename another *.sys file listed in the result of driver signature verifying, and check result again. By doing so we can determine which un-singed driver is the root cause.

Another way is enable muni-dump and use Windbg. Please refer:

How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging

You may paste the result in your next post for analyzing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, January 28, 2011 8:32 AM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:38 AM

All replies

• To see the cause I have to take a look at the dumps with the Debugging Tools for Windows.

Please start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link here.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Saturday, January 15, 2011 7:54 PM
  • You may boot in Clean Boot Mode.

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode you can try to check the driver signature. To do so, in Start Search box enter sigverif.exe. Then click the start button in “File Signature Verification”. In the result list, please pick up *.sys files, rename one of them and then shut down or restart to check if the issue still occurs. If the issue persists, rename another *.sys file listed in the result of driver signature verifying, and check result again. By doing so we can determine which un-singed driver is the root cause.

Another way is enable muni-dump and use Windbg. Please refer:

How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging

You may paste the result in your next post for analyzing.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, January 28, 2011 8:32 AM
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:38 AM