How to Merge Outlook Folders Without Duplicates? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2013 and now recently I have purchased the subscription of Exchange online with Outlook 2016. Now I want to merge Outlook mailbox data to newly created profile in Outlook 2016. I am looking for the solution to superimposed the Outlook 2013 folders to Outlook 2016 by removing duplicate items such as emails, calendars, tasks, notes etc. Is this possible? 
    Monday, June 25, 2018 3:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Which Exchange Online plan do you use? How do you like to migrate from Outlook 2013 to Outlook 2016? 

Do you still use the same account in Outlook 2016? If you are using the same account, which type of email account do you use? Exchange, IMAP or POP3?

If you are using different accounts, just import the data from Outlook 2013 to the new account in Outlook 2016, no duplicate items will be created. 

Please provide more information so that we can understand this issue more clearly and help you to avoid the duplicate items.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:47 AM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 29, 2018 10:04 AM