Sharepoint on SBS 2008, inability to edit project datasheet RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client with SBS 2008. They are trying to use the Sharepoint feature and have created project tracking using the Sharepoint Access datasheets.

The problem they’ve run into is some people can edit the datasheets and some can’t. The error reported on the browser (IE) below the datasheet is:

“The list is displayed in Standard view. It cannot be displayed in Datasheet view for one or more of the following reasons: A datasheet component compatible with Windows Sharepoint Service is not installed, your browser does not support ActiveX controls, or support for ActiveX controls is disabled.”

We’ve verified that everyone has the same version of Microsoft Office 2007 and everyone has Microsoft Access.

The below link describes verifying Active X Controls and also making sure the Microsoft Office Sharepoint Components are installed and we’ve done that too but it didn’t resolve the problem for the users that can’t access it:

http://blog.sharepointhosting.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=399ed944-72d2-4932-bc13-de0586abf2d1&ID=81

Any clues as to what the problem might be?

Additional data and handlings attempted:

1) We've tried disabling the antivirus.

2) The computers that work have Windows 7 64bit and either IE 8 or 9.

3) The computers that don't work have Windows 7 64bit and one has IE8 and the other IE9.

Thanks - Jonathan

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:17 PM

Answers

• I figured out the problem.

Both users has configured their default IE icon to be the 64bit IE version. Just for fun I thought I would check the Help > About in IE and discovered this. I tried IE 32bit and the problem is resolved.

• Marked as answer by rfvdb Friday, March 1, 2013 5:36 PM
    Friday, March 1, 2013 5:36 PM