none
Task Manager Approval in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What is the difference between enabling " Task Status Manager Approval:Enabled alone and enabling with"Require line approval before timesheet approval"" in Timesheet Settings and Default page in Project Server 2013.

Enabling these two options i see the update goes to status manager, once he/she approves that the timesheet is approved by the timesheet manager.

Disabling "Require line approval before timesheet approval" option i do not see any changes in the process.

Please help.

K.Gokulraj

Saturday, October 5, 2013 9:41 AM

All replies

• Gokulraj,

It is the same as in 2010. Let me see if I can explain some coherent explanation.

The setting of "Task Status Manager Approval:Enabled" makes more sense when you talk in a non-Single Entry Mode, Think of a IT group where there is a Timesheet Manager and Project Manager. Lets also say that the Group does not care about "Tasks", but only uses Timesheets.

In this scenario, lets also say that The Timesheet Manager wants to make sure that the Project Managers approve the hours which come through the timesheet. This is when The PM gets the approval you are seeing. However, the major difference is that these hours do not get into the project plan, even after PM approves them. Only updates from "Tasks" do. Also, The Timesheet Manager also sees the Timesheet, and can approve it without waiting for the PM's if they choose to.

If the timesheet Managers wants "Mandatory" approval of PM's before they even see the timesheet, then you to check the Box that says "Require line approval before timesheet approval". In this case, the timesheet is not even submitted to Timesheet Manager until all lines are approved.

Makes Sense?

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 5, 2013 4:52 PM