WSUS - Computer not yet reported RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm running WSUS 6.3.9600 on a Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter.

Only 1 WSUS server which is running over port 80. Configuration for the clients is done by GPO. Since 2 months I've a lot of clients (Win 7) which have the status "Computer not yet reported" (appr. 60 clients over 700) which for some are fresh installed an other installed from a long time.

I've already try the following:
    1. On the client, run different scripts found on the forum including the "Clean Software Repository", reset authorization code, stop and start the service,....Check if there is not 2 entry for WSUS in the registry, telnet the server + port is OK. I've tested all the end-client scipts I've found on the forum, nothing change.

2. The client can ping the server and can access the web console of the server

3. On the server, change the value in IIS for "Queue Length" to 25000 and "Limit Interval" to 5

Unfortunately no changes.

I would really appreciate any help, I don't know what I can do now.

P.S: Don't recommend me to buy software which will clean the DB

Thank you very much

Friday, February 8, 2019 9:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello, 

The default port for WSUS 6.3 is 8530, so you have changed it to 80, right?

However, navigate to the following address on the affected client, check if there is a prompt for file downloading.

http://YourWSUSServer/selfupdate/wuident.cab

If it fails, there should be a connection issue between the WSUS and the clients.

Also, check the windowsupdate.log on the affected client, you could upload it here for further troubleshooting.

On the WSUS server, have you periodically maintained WSUS server via Server Cleanup Wizard or scripts? If not, Try running the Server Cleanup Wizard and check the results.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray  

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 8, 2019 10:24 AM
  • Hello,

I noticed that you have not updated for several days. So has your issue been solved? Or is there any update?

Feel free to feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 11, 2019 2:01 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I've finally solved my issue by cleaning updates using this recommendation:

https://www.tecknowledgebase.com/43/how-to-identify-and-decline-superseded-updates-in-wsus/

Thank you

• Marked as answer by alaincar Monday, February 11, 2019 8:26 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hello,

Glad to hear that.

So the root cause is still due to the lack of maintenance of WSUS. Here is a guide on how to maintain the WSUS including declining supersede updates, re-indexing DB, running SCW, etc.

The complete guide to Microsoft WSUS and Configuration Manager SUP maintenance
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2016/01/26/the-complete-guide-to-microsoft-wsus-and-configuration-manager-sup-maintenance/

Maintain the WSUS periodically, and you also could automate the task by using the script in the above article.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray        

Monday, February 11, 2019 10:46 AM