none
Exchange Server 2016 Default Frontend Anonymous users settings

Question

• hello,

I installed many Exchange Server 2016 Cu4 at many organization. After installation ,organization users can do telnet with Anonymous users to exchange server and send email with any email address (like billgates@microsoft.com)

After i unchecked Anonymous users box from Default Frontend <Servername> receive connector nobody can do telnet.

But normally after unchecked this setting, exchange server must not accepct from outside organization (like gmail and hotmail).

Am i right?   Because nothings happens and all message successfully receive from outside. 
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Ortaç ,

You are right, Default Frontend receiver connector is used to accept anonymous connections from external SMTP servers. This is the common messaging entry point into your Exchange organization. If you uncheck "Anonymous users " permission group, the internet emails will not be received in your organization.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:01 AM
  • But if you use EDGE server , the internet emails works normally. I think that edge server do not communicate mailbox server with anonymous. 

Thursday, March 23, 2017 12:01 PM