none
Project Server - Projects does not show up in the detail section of the resource availability view!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I click resource center in PWA 2010 and select a resource; then click resource assignments and a list of projects along with the task which the selected resource is assign is listed. I then click on resource availability and set the date option and units for the selected resource and the resource availability and capacity is visible in the details section but not the list of projects that the resource is assign.

How can I get the list of projects to show up in the details section under the resource name?   

A. Williams

Monday, February 17, 2014 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hi A_williams,

You have to scroll down the page. The list of projects the resource is assigned on in the date range is located below the workload versus capacity graph.

In addition to the project workload rows, you'll find a row with the availability and a row with the capacity.

This detail per project is displayed on the same date range and granularity than the ones you specified for the graph above.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, February 17, 2014 9:37 PM
  • Guillaume,

I can see where the graph displays the dates and where the details list the resource availability and capacity but the actual project names are not visible and that's my challenge... My resource managers need to see this information to determine which projects the hours are allocated to..

A. Williams

Monday, February 17, 2014 10:21 PM
  • Can't you see such a grid in the resource availability page, under the graph? It displays capacity, then availability, then finally projects selected resource(s) is/are assigned on.  

Be careful that the grid directly matches the graph above on the timescale. Meaning that what you see in the grid is what you see in the graph, in terms of resources and periods selected. Note that you have to hit "APPLY" button in order to apply any date range changes.

Do you mean that you can see some assignments on projects on the graph in the upper part but not assignments in the corresponding grid in the lower part of the resource availability page?

This should not happen, please confirm.

Hope this helps.

Monday, February 17, 2014 11:09 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

After looking further into the project schedules I discovered that some of the projects belonging to the project Manager in question was completed and closed and as such they were not listed in the details graph in Resource availability. However I also found that some of the active projects are not listed either eventhough the resource is assign several task on the project.

Do you have any idea as to why this is occuring and is this a known issue?

A. Williams

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:11 PM
  • Hi A. Williams,

Could you post a screenshot of BOTH upper (graph) and lower (detailed grid) parts of our resource availability page?

It would be very weird that you can see workload in the upper part but not in the detailed grid. This is what we need to know to help you:

• Are you not seeing at all the assignments in both graph and detail grid of the resource availability page? In this case the issue comes from your assignment, not from the resource availability page.
    • Are you seeing the assignment in the graph but not in the detail grid?

In case this is an assignment issue, some reasons could be:

• you're not looking at the right period
    • date range selection has not been applied clicking on the button "apply"
    • the assignments are proposed (versus committed)
    • the assignment has not been publish (column publish to "yes" in MS Project Pro)
    • the assignment owner is not the resource

Here is (sorry, it is in french) my upper part (graph) with 1 resource selected, 3 weeks and a 7hrs assignment on the 2nd week (note that you have to apply the date range once selected) :

Then the lower part (detailed grid) where is have exactly the same information (same assignments, same resources, same date range):

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:29 PM
  • You will not see the projects if there is no assigned hours on those project for that selected period. Project Status or any other custom field does not affect the resource availability view in Project Server.

Thanks

Thanks Gaurav Wason MCITP, PMP

Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:59 AM