none
how do I run the Who Does What report in project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded to project 2013 and I can no longer find how to run the Who Does What report or the to-do-list report. Can someone please tell me how I can run these reports?
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 3:31 AM

Answers

• thomasx05 --

This is an excellent question.  In Project 2013, Microsoft has completely removed all of the old paper reports, such as the Who Does What Report, and replaced them with new dashboard reports.  The limitation of the Reports feature in Project 2010 and all earlier version is that they were paper-based reports that were meant to be printed, and could not be exported to any other application, such as to Excel for example.

To address your need for these two reports, here is what I would do.  To mimic the Who Does What report, I would start by applying the Resource Usage view.  Then make a copy of the Usage table and add the Assignment Units, Start, and Finish fields.  Give the table an original name, such as Who Does What or something like that.  Drag the split bar to the far right edge of the screen and print the Resource Usage view with the Who Does What table applied.  This will approximate the Who Does What report from earlier versions of Microsoft Project.

To mimic the To Do List report, apply the Task Sheet view and make sure you have the Entry table applied.  Click View > Filter > Using Resource...  In the Using Resource dialog, select the name of the first resource whose work you want to print to paper and click the OK button.  Now print the Task Sheet view with the filter applied.  Repeatedly use the Using Resource filter for each member of your project team.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:58 PM

All replies

• thomasx05 --

This is an excellent question.  In Project 2013, Microsoft has completely removed all of the old paper reports, such as the Who Does What Report, and replaced them with new dashboard reports.  The limitation of the Reports feature in Project 2010 and all earlier version is that they were paper-based reports that were meant to be printed, and could not be exported to any other application, such as to Excel for example.

To address your need for these two reports, here is what I would do.  To mimic the Who Does What report, I would start by applying the Resource Usage view.  Then make a copy of the Usage table and add the Assignment Units, Start, and Finish fields.  Give the table an original name, such as Who Does What or something like that.  Drag the split bar to the far right edge of the screen and print the Resource Usage view with the Who Does What table applied.  This will approximate the Who Does What report from earlier versions of Microsoft Project.

To mimic the To Do List report, apply the Task Sheet view and make sure you have the Entry table applied.  Click View > Filter > Using Resource...  In the Using Resource dialog, select the name of the first resource whose work you want to print to paper and click the OK button.  Now print the Task Sheet view with the filter applied.  Repeatedly use the Using Resource filter for each member of your project team.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:58 PM
  • Another example of stupidity by Microsoft.  Drop functionality that useful.  Go backwards instead of forward.
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 4:02 PM
  • Agreed - MS Project is marginally usable anyhow.  I have a project with over 50 resources on it and now I have to sit here and run this crap for each resource?  STUPID...

Thursday, February 16, 2017 10:39 PM