none
Reset Windows 10 EULA confirmation dialog so it will be shown after the next reboot

Question

• Hi,<o:p></o:p>

Is there an easy/quick way to force Windows 10 to show
    the EULA confirmation dialog again?<o:p></o:p>

The idea is to take a Standard PC with Windows 10
    already installed, install our own Software and the pass the PC on to our
    customer. I have to confirm the EULA, before I can configure everything
    that needs to be changed. Since the end customer has to confirm the EULA, I am
    looking for a way to reset the dialog.<o:p></o:p>

I know there might be a way,
    going through the audit mode, but that will also reset other settings I intend
    to keep.

Best Regards
    Klaus

Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Klaus365,

There will be a registry key "HideEULAPage" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\OOBE. Change the value to "0". Then open the following .exe file "C:\Windows\System32\oobe\msoobe.exe".
    I hope this will be helpful.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 8:12 AM
  • It did not work. I changed the regkey and ran the msoobe.exe. It showed the EULA but after i accepted the EULA, it showed the "Get going fast" Settings. I clicked on "Use Express Settings". A wait screen came up "Just a moment", which never finished. I had to reset the virtual machine because it did not work properly after I rebooted the system. Thanx for trying to help.

Friday, April 21, 2017 11:24 AM
  • Hi Klaus365,

I searched all the registry keys for "EULA" and that registry key is the only one I found could be related to this case. I tried to modify that registry key and run msoobe.exe and it would work on my side. I am not sure why it didn't work on your side.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:27 AM