Outlook 365 exchange Sync issues folder location RRS feed

• Question

• My Sync issues folder location is now a sub folder in Sent items folder. I need to move it to the main folder where it should be as Outlook connection to Dynamics 365 does not work.

On our other exchange users the folder is in the correct position and connection works. 

I have recreated my profile.  I have been in touch with Dynamics 365 and Outlook support for months.

Any ideas?

• Edited by Stephenlg Sunday, August 12, 2018 6:14 AM
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, August 13, 2018 3:10 AM
    Sunday, August 12, 2018 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that a sub-folder of Sent Items folder is not syncing with server?

>>I need to move it to the main folder where it should be as Outlook connection to Dynamics 365 does not work.

What do you mean by "move it to the main folder"?

If you update folder manually via clicking Send/Receive > Update Folder, will it sync successfully?

You can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter.

Do you have any anti-virus software running on this computers? If yes, please temporarily closing them to see the results.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 13, 2018 3:10 AM
  • Sync issues needs to be the same hierarchy as Inbox, Contacts, Calendar and not a sub folder.

At preset it is a sub folder of sent items.

I cannot load an image as it says I am not verified.

Monday, August 13, 2018 3:48 AM
  • Hi,

>>Sync issues needs to be the same hierarchy as Inbox, Contacts, Calendar and not a sub folder.

I may be puzzled. Do you mean shared mailbox?

If you cannot put the screenshot here, you can upload it to OneDrive (https://onedrive.live.com/) and then share the link here. You can also send the picture to the GBSD TN Office Information Collection: ibsofc@microsoft.com. Please involve the thread URL in the email message for easy follow-up.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, August 13, 2018 9:17 AM
    Monday, August 13, 2018 9:16 AM
  • https://greencorp-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/p/stepheng/EeiABAenOlNNoh3MgsFUw7ABTIEWZkLyJgW5sg1LHLnJsw?e=fy1mkh

Monday, August 13, 2018 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

Can you move this folder? Tested in my Outlook and we could drag it out of Sent Item folder to the normal location.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:05 AM
  • Just check if this issue was solved.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, August 16, 2018 8:19 AM
  • I cannot drag the sync items out of sent items. 

The only fix I have seen is what is said above to convert the .ost to .pst? That costs money and I don't know the risks.

Stephen

Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:42 AM
  • Hi Stephen,

It is weired that Sync Issue folder is under Sent folder and can't be moved.

>>I need to move it to the main folder where it should be as Outlook connection to Dynamics 365 does not work.

Do you mean Outlook cannot connect to Exchange server? Please check the information in this link to see if it helps.

If possible, you could reinstall Office to check the results.

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:28 AM
  • I need to focus on how to move the sync folder out of sent items.

Microsoft sent me a tool to move it but when you reopen Outlook it is back in sent items.

I have reinstalled Office and I can connect to Dynamics 365 outside of Outlook.  Other staff can connect to Dynamics 365.  When I try to connect the connection is greyed. 

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:35 AM
  • Hi,

>>Microsoft sent me a tool to move it but when you reopen Outlook it is back in sent items.

Are you using MFCMapi? Have you tried safe mode?

Can you see this folder on the web mail? If you move it directly on the web mail. does it work for you?

If issue persists, , we could use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant (SaRA) to run tests to resolve many different problems. It can gather the Outlook profile configuration information that's helpful when you troubleshoot problems.For more details, please refer to this link.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, August 24, 2018 6:38 AM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:53 AM