none
How disable the small picture in the lock screen and disable users information RRS feed

• Question

• How disable the small picture in the lock screen and disable users information?

There is no reason why my e-mail is showing on the login screen

Saturday, December 5, 2015 6:08 AM

Answers

• Right a bit more testing I might be on to something. Try entering in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Change dontdisplaylastusername to 1

On the key name 'System' right click select New 'DWORD (32bit) Value'. Name DontDisplayLockedUserId set it to value 3.

Restart the PC. Does that show any info on login or lock. My testing earlier was locking at the lock screen only as that what your post said, but setting both appears to work, the lock screen setting on its own appears to not.

If you have Windows 10 Pro these can set via group policy, opened via gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options

Interactive logon: Display user information when the session is locked
    Interactive logon: Do not display last name

• Marked as answer by crua9 Sunday, December 6, 2015 1:39 AM
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 8:10 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Which small picture you're talking about, please do share a screenshot so that we can help you!

Regards.

Windows Troubleshooting & How to guides - http://www.kapilarya.com

Saturday, December 5, 2015 2:11 PM
  • Are you using a MSA ? No way I can see to remove that with an MSA. The reg settings or group policy do not appear to work with a MSA or perhaps none domain logon.

Saturday, December 5, 2015 5:38 PM
  • When you log on, the image. Mr Happy has a pic of what I'm talking about. There is no reason why your e-mail is shown, and many are asking for the e-mail and stuff to be removed
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 5:43 PM
  • What is MSA? Is it server stuff? If so, I'm just running a normal account on a home computer
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 5:44 PM
  • Sorry, MSA is a Microsoft account, so do you login with a @outlook.com, @live.com, @Hotmail.com or similar?

My domain comment is related to the Active Directory Domain so for businesses really. The reason I mentioned that is there are some very apt named settings in the group policy, but they do not work with my Microsoft logged in PC in my testing.

Saturday, December 5, 2015 5:50 PM
  • Ya, and that's beyond stupid if you can't remove your e-mail from the log on screen. That lowers the security on your Microsoft account massively, and it's a great way to get spam mail if idiots see the e-mail before you log in.

Saying if I didn't have a MSA. How would I be able to take it off?

Saturday, December 5, 2015 7:11 PM
  • Right a bit more testing I might be on to something. Try entering in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Change dontdisplaylastusername to 1

On the key name 'System' right click select New 'DWORD (32bit) Value'. Name DontDisplayLockedUserId set it to value 3.

Restart the PC. Does that show any info on login or lock. My testing earlier was locking at the lock screen only as that what your post said, but setting both appears to work, the lock screen setting on its own appears to not.

If you have Windows 10 Pro these can set via group policy, opened via gpedit.msc

Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options

Interactive logon: Display user information when the session is locked
    Interactive logon: Do not display last name

• Marked as answer by crua9 Sunday, December 6, 2015 1:39 AM
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 8:10 PM
  • It kinda worked and thanks for that. It's like logging into a domain system where you need to know the exact username. But like a domain system, it seems to display the last logon user ID when you start up.

I'm personally not a fan of this. As I said before, don't want my e-mail to be shown. But if this is as close as we can get, then so be it.

(I think many people would agree with me that Microsoft has gone backwards on the security between the data collection and this)

Saturday, December 5, 2015 11:37 PM