none
WIKI Editor Bug with Code Blocks! RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is a reminder of a problem that was talked lot of time and still an issue!

For example this thread:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8645bd04-474a-468f-8c0f-0f8678689437/code-block-edit-bug?forum=reportabug

and Here is a new image to show the problem again:WIKI BUF with Code Blocks

>> In the left you can see there is a code block without style formatting! The format messed up.

looking at the HTML code we can notice the problem!

All the style properties in regarding the code blocks disappeared

1. the main div should be like this:
    <div class="reCodeBlock" style="border:1px solid #7f9db9;width:97%;overflow-y:auto;">

but it become like this:
    <div class="reCodeBlock">

each line in the code in in DIV and should be:
    <div style="background-color:#ffffff;">

but it become:
    <div>

>> I took a screenshot of the bug and I will take another screenshot in moment after I will fix it

[Personal Site] [Blog] [Facebook]signature

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:58 PM

All replies

• Is this the color problem, where all colors (not just in code) that are specified in the HTML with RGB values (decimal or hex) are lost when the article is saved in certain browsers? If so, we have found that even after the article is "fixed", if it is later saved in certain browers it will be broken again.

I thought the fix was to replace all RGB values with standard color names. However, when the article is later saved, the standard color names can get converted back to RGB values, which get lost after another save (in the wrong browser). If this is the issue, it has been known for some time, but gets complicated and difficult to understand fully. It is believed that using Firefox or Chrome avoids the problem, but if someone later edits the article in IE, no matter how minor the edit, the colors can still be lost.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, August 7, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Not only colors, but all the STYLE property is gone from any element in the HTML inside the code block.

Colors, border definition, width, overflow... anything that was in the STYLE, is gone.

Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:52 PM
  • By the way, there is a fast workaround that I could implement in 3-5 min!

Int the external style sheet where the style of reCodeBlock class is configure, we can insert all the configuration of the styles that are missing, including all the code block element (<div class="reCodeBlock">) styles and all his childrens styles as well.

But i am not working there So we depend on the capabilities of Microsoft developers and the system architect :-)

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:27 AM